What Do You Get with the Race?
We’re looking forward to having you join us for our 5th anniversary! It’s been great to meet everyone over the years and it’s been fun learning something new each year to improve your experience. Here is a list of some things you’ll experience at the Fatbike Frozen 40 in 2016.
- Groomed singletrack 11-mile loop course
- Free custom racer bag with custom pint and FFF sticker pack for each registered racer
- Great swag from awesome sponsors
- Heated tent for check-in, pre/during/post race resting and relaxing
- Professional timing (Anderson Race Management)
- Custom race number plate
- Real time raceday picture slideshow on Race Vista
- Homemade breakfast burritos – We’ve made them by hand each year and they’ve been a race favorite. We’ll have them again!
- Food – Last year we provided grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and plenty of snacks
- Complimentary coffee (Daily Dose in Maple Grove) and hot chocolate
- Awards for top 3 in each category
- Custom race weather forecast from 2Wheel Weather. Click here to check out last year’s CycleCast
- Limited edition designed Frozen 40 shirts available for purchase
- Feed station stocked with Tailwind Nutrition
- Neutral mechanical support
- Fire pits with campfires to keep your frozen fingers from falling off
- Part of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series
- We are donating a portion of proceeds to MORC and Elm Creek trail maintenance
In 2015, we worked with Minneapolis Northwest Convention & Visitors Bureau to provide racers discounted options for local hotels. Please check back here for details in the coming months.
The following is a list of some questions that we’ve received in the past. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Q: Are there aid stations on course?
- A: No. There is a neutral table (likely in the heated tent to keep the liquid from freezing) at the check-in area that functions as your race-provided nutrition. It will include Tailwind Nutrition and/or CarboRocket, GU Energy gel, and some minimal other snacks. The table will be labeled as “Race Aid”.
- Q: Is there a solo racer pit area and can we reserve one?
- A: Yes, the right side of the road past the gate is where you should set up your gear. We will mark it off with cones. If you’re
- Q: I’m really fast and I think I deserve to start in the front, can I get a call up?
- A: No, we are not doing specific call ups this year. You are on your own to fit in where you think you should line up. Please don’t line up in front if you’re normally a mid-pack racer and just want to get ahead for the first 100 yards. The start line will be at the entrance of the parking lot. Don’t be a dick.
- Q: Do I have to ride a fatbike and what is a fatbike exactly? Will you be measuring tires?
- A: Yes, you have to ride a fatbike. A fatbike is a bike with 3.7 inch wide tires or larger. We will not be measuring tires, but if someone points it out (and riders do notice), you will be disqualified and not welcome back to the FFF, ever. Don’t be a dick.
- Q: Can we register on the day of the event?
- A: No. Online registration will close several days before the event if it’s not already filled by then (it’s likely to hit the max number of entries early).
- Q: We’re racing on a team: Do we each need a bike? Do we have to ride in a specific order? Can we share a timing chip?
- A: No, you can use just one bike if that’s what you have. (Ex: 4 person team only has 1 bike = OK.) No, you can pick whatever order you want – if a rider gets cold, doesn’t show up, or just doesn’t want to do another lap, any other person on the team can do a lap in their place. Each bike needs a timing chip.
- Q: We’re racing on a team: Can only one of our racers get the teams racer bags at check in?
- A: Yes
- Q: Where can I park?
- A: Parking is limited. You may want to arrive early. There is a medium sized parking lot directly on site. The other parking is along the road before the gate. No parking past the gate.
- Q: Are there bathrooms on site?
- A: Yes, there is a park bathroom and we bring in two portatoilets. They are not heated…plan accordingly.
- Q: Can I stash bottles or get food/bottles/support out on course?
- A: No, you cannot stash bottles on course. Yes, you can get support on course. Click for the rules